As a service to our clients, we have put together the following frequently asked question videos.
- What Factors Do Illinois Courts Consider in Granting Custody?
- If There Is a Lot of Conflict between the Parents, Is Joint Custody Still a Possibility?
- What Are the Most Common Types of Arrangements for Children’s Living Situations Post-Divorce?
- How Can Primary Parenting Rights Be Taken Away from the Parent to Whom They Were Assigned To?
- Can Both Parents Have Equal Rights and Decision-Making Powers regarding Their Children?
- At What Age Can a Child Choose Which Parent He or She Wishes to Live With?
- How Is Custody and Child Support Decided When Dealing with Children of Unwed Parents?
- Under What Circumstances Can the Custodial Parent Move with Them to Another State?
Family Law Litigation
- If One Party Decides Not to Retain a Lawyer, Will He or She Be Held to the Same Standards in Court?
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Mediation, Arbitration, and Litigation?
- What Happens When a Litigation Case Goes to Court?
- In Divorce Litigation, Is There Always a Trial, or Is It Possible to Settle out of Court?
- What Is Discovery, and When Does It Occur during the Divorce Process?
- Is It Better to Litigate or Settle a Case?
- What If Someone Doesn’t Agree with the Judge’s Ruling?
- What Changes Have Occurred to the Law Related to Child Support?
- How Does the Court Determine the Amount and Duration of Child Support?
- Can the Amount of Child Support Be Modified Once It Has Been Set?
- Can Child Support Be Increased or Reduced If Circumstances Change?
- What Can the Recipient of Child Support Do to Ensure Payment on Time and in Full?
- When Does Child Support Typically End?
- Can Co-Parents Force the Other to Pay for Their Children’s College Tuition?
- After Divorce, Are Both Parents Responsible for Paying for College for Their Children?
- What Is Divorce Mediation and How Does It Work?
- What Is the Difference between Mediation and Arbitration?
- Is There More Than One Style of Mediation What Are the Differences?
- What Are the Advantages of Using Mediation to Settle a Divorce Case?
- How Long Does a Typical Mediation Process Take?
- How Much Does Mediation Typically Cost?
- Can You Mediate Specific Issues without Having to Mediate the Whole Case?
- What Are the Ethical Guidelines of Mediation?
If you have further questions, please contact Allison & Mosby-Scott at 309-662-5084.